While we were at the 7 Feathers Casino in Canyonville, Oregon Don and Claudia Moore (Above) came over to visit. They noticed our portable Ice Maker and decided they wanted one. We all got in the truck and off we went on a quest for for such a beast. Normally $179.00 we found ours on clearance for $99.00. We were looking for such a deal. It was not to be. So Claudia tasked Roxanne with finding one in Reno. We almost forgot about it. We were in Reno and I mentioned I wanted to go to Home Depot and Roxanne exploded! “I almost forgot” she said, “I was supposed to find Claudia an Ice Maker” So off we went to Home Depot. No Luck. Not ready to give up so easily Roxanne decided to hit another. There are 4 in Reno. We went into the second store and waaaay uppppp high there was a lonely Portable Ice Maker. We got a kid with one of those giant ladder platforms and brought it down. I asked how much and he said on clearance for $89.00. MAN 10 bucks less than what I paid. We bought it and when we got home we called them and gave them the good news. They were pleased about the news. Don and Claudia had heard about Eagle Lake, a campground close to us. They wanted to check it out and suggested we meet for a tour of the lake and come get their Ice Maker. Sounded great to us so on Tuesday 7-14-09 we met at the lake. The girls put together a picnic basket and we found an unused campsite. I just pulled in and Don backed his rig in the same spot. We sat at the picnic table and had a wonderful lunch. Well there we were eating and talking and up the road in a little put-put comes the cranky campground host. First he chewed me out for not backing in… Safety hazard doncha know. If there is a fire you want to be driving FORWARD yelling FIRE!!!! instead of backing out and yelling !!!ERIF. (Fire spelled backward) Then he did a double take and didn’t see a occupied paper on the site post. His little put-put started rocking violently as he explained loudly that this was NOT a day use area. He went on to explain how these sites were first come first serve and a camper looking for a camp site would assume this site was occupied and deprived of it’s use. Inside we were giggling and told him in our most apologetic tone were really sorry and we will pack up immediately. He left talking to himself and we started packing up. We said our good-byes and with heads hung in shame, Don pulled out forward and I backed out. Well we had a fun time even if the Campground Host tried to ruin it for us. Next stop? Bordertown where we will meet with Don and Joy Carr AKA Nailbender on Sunday 7-19-09 Here’s a little sumthin for ya Mr. Campground Host!
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Eagle Lake with the Moore’s
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment