We had plans to meet with Don and Joy Carr at Bordertown RV park and Casino just outside Reno. Since we are locals to Reno we offered to show them around. Scheels and Cabalas were on the agenda. Oh did I mention that beading and buying beads in Reno was also planned by the girls. I had my own plans to drive to Carson City and buy some batteries for the trailer.
We were planning to meet the Carr’s on Sunday, June 19, 2009. Saturday afternoon I was finished loading the trailer and I asked Roxanne what time the Carr’s would get to Bordertown. Roxanne said they were already there! I said “What the heck are we waiting for?” So….. We locked up the house and left the premises.
Don and Joy brought along the family shown above. Debbie, Don and Joy’s daughter and her little girl Madison traveled from their home in Paradise California with the Carr’s. David their son and his wife Donna and their two children Ryan & Emily were on vacation and joined us for the weekend. Afterward they continued on their way to the Mammoth California area.
I had a heck of a time finding a good picture of the Carr’s so here is the best I could do. The next two pictures are taken at a bead shop on our last trip to the coast.Thanks to my pal Butch and Sue for providing the pictures.
This picture is of the Girls at a bead shop. Joy is standing to Roxanne’s left. Pam and Sharon are missing from this photo cause they are still buying MORE beads!
This picture was taken by the girls of the guys. Don is the tall guy on the left. Big Red the truck we are all around belongs to Bob Grissom, the guy to my right. Bob pulls his trailer with this truck. Very Nice.
Here we find the Girls beading. Introductions around the table are Joy, standing. To Joy’s left is her daughter-in-law Donna. Across from Donna is Joy’s daughter Debbie. To Debbie’s left is Roxanne. To Roxanne’s left is Debbie’s daughter, Madison. The little cutie facing you is Donnas daughter. Emily. Behind Joy standing is her son, David.
You just can’t have too much fun beading. Sorry to Joy and Roxy for the chopped off heads but this was the best picture I had.
Donna’s son Ryan doing guy stuff. No beading for him!
David and Donna’s daughter Emily.
Debbie’s daughter, Madison. Madison is becoming quite the beading expert. Mom normally does not allow Madison to wear dangly earrings. This was a special occasion.
While I had no interest in beading I know beading isn’t cheap. Understanding that I decided to get my fair share of the available spending money. Don, David and I got an estrogen break and took a drive to Carson City. These are AGM batteries, New, they cost several hundred dollars each, By buying them used I got 5 batteries for $125.00. I expect to get several years usage from these batteries. I installed 4 in the trailer and even the camper got an AGM battery. Roxanne didn’t find the batteries all that exciting until I explained that the lighting above her beading table would be brighter and would last up to 4 times longer than the existing 4 year old batteries. She thinks they are ugly but if it makes me happy……. Yeah Right! We made a stop at Safari RV supply to pick up a door stop for David. David also wanted to check out a hobby shop. We found one nearby in the Yellow Pages and off we went. All in all the guys had a nice afternoon. Roxanne and I arrived on Saturday July 18th and left Tuesday July 21. We have lived in the area for 30 + years and we didn’t know the RV park was even there. Being close to the freeway I expected it to be very noisy. Not so. It was a beautiful nicely landscaped park with 50 pull through spaces. Free Wi-Fi, Cable and a small casino within easy walking distance, Their restaurant has excellent reasonably priced food. We will probably go back for another visit.
Next outing?
Don and Joy have invited us to their home about 3 hours away in Paradise. We are taking our trailer. I understand they have gold prospecting in the area, Roxanne is going to take a beading class with Joy. SUPRISE!!
Sounds like a lot of fun to me. See ya there.
No comments:
Post a Comment