Saturday, November 8, 2008

Carlsbad Caverns New Mexico





Having by-passed Carlsbad Caverns on two occasions I was determined to see them this trip. I'm glad we did. Roxanne and I really enjoy exploring caves. Carlsbad is the biggest we've seen to date. We took two tours. The first was with a Park Ranger and took about an hour and a half. When we got done with that we took a self guided tour where you listen to a playback device. The kind where you come to a sign with a number on it. You punch in the number and you hear a recording describing what you are looking at. This tour lasted about two hours. The biggest cavern in the cave is 16 football fields long and 200 feet to the ceiling. Nice and cool inside the caverns. We used the park dog kennels and left Maddy while we explored the caves for about 3 or 4 hours. We left the caverns and spent the night at Wal-Mart in the town of Carlsbad. Next stop Roswell New Mexico.

No comments: