Another attraction not to be missed if in San Antonio is the River Walk. about a block away from the Alamo on foot. You walk down stairs and the river runs under the city. There are shops and restaurants on both sides of the river. There are gondola type boats giving tours of the River walk. We had a nice lunch at a Mexican restaurant. It's getting near dark and we still have to catch the bus to get back to the KOA campground. We can't find the bus stop! We really don't want to be here after dark. We finally find our bus stop and there are 4 gangster looking youths waiting there also. Great! They are talking and cussing up a storm. Another black man approaches and he is dressed nice and the gangster guys start making comments about him. The bus arrives and we get on but the gangster guys stay there. We are relieved. After about 5 minutes I get up and walk up to the bus driver to ask him to let us know when we need to get off at the campground. Before I can get a word out he says KOA right? I say yep and he responds "You got the look"
Sheeze! I'll sure be glad to leave San Antonio. Next stop Carlsbad Caverns New Mexico.
No comments:
Post a Comment