Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Progressive Rally Siskiyou to Seven Feathers

Well, we are off again. After much preparation we left Thursday May 21, for Lake Siskiyou in Northern California. Just a short jaunt down the road about 3 ½ hours North of home in Milford. We arrived with no war stories of breakdowns. I am pleased to announce that my modified bicycle rack worked as redesigned. I used the kid’s old bikes to use as test dummies just in case my modification failed. Now we will invest in some adult size bikes that look nice and are mechanically functional. A nice broad, Jell (or is that Gel) seat in on the list as well. Maybe I can get skinny riding my way to better health and old age. Ha! Dream on my little friends.
There are way to many Dairy Queen’s on the road to allow that to happen!
Shortly after getting the Montana 5th wheel trailer I found a Web site called MOC (Montana Owners Club) This is a group of people that share their experience of ownership, maintenance and travel with their Montana 5th wheel trailer. Putting a face with a name is always a fun time and the camp out at Lake Siskiyou was no exception. There was a fishing tournament, breakfast, dinner, pot lucks, campfires, and much more. We had to say good-bye to many on Monday that had to go back to woooooorrrrrrrkkkkk! To those I say SORRY. Did I sound sincere? I can only try.
Monday evening the remainder of our group went to the local Mexican Restaurant, Casa Ramos. There were about 50 of us. We had a great meal and the head waiter brought ME the check. It was for the whole group!!! It seems that it is customary for the newest MOC member (ME) to get and pay the bill!!! Fribulating Frenulum!!! You notice the excessive use of the exclamation points? The exclamation point is used to express feeling. HOLY CRAP!!!! Have I got FEELING!!!
The bill was $543.96. I kept swallowing but there was no saliva. I was trying to maintain calm while my skin was feeling like I was thrown into a cactus patch in Quartzsite! I sat there thinking OK, be cool It’s not THAT bad Roxanne’s gonna KILL me. Then I rubbed my thumb and forefinger together and discovered a second receipt for the second receipt for $459.01. That made a total of $1002.97 PLUS the tip!!!! Somehow my mind did the math of 20% of a grand NO make that 15% of a grand…. SHIT!!! (It's my BLOG, I can say that) Here your thinking of cheaping out on the tip for 50 bucks? I gotta go PEE. Maybe there is a window in the bathroom. I could hook up the trailer and get outta Dodge before everybody got back to the campground. Oh man? We came with Dick and Jackie Driver. We got no ride!!!! (More feeling)
OK, I give. If your gonna hang with the big dogs…… Yada Yada Yada. I hope they enjoyed their dinner. I did. I have been informed that "What happens at Casa Ramos stays at Casa Ramos"
Oh Yeah, all the waiters showed up and put a big Mexican hat on my head and started singing "Happy Birthday" to me. Seems like my Pal, Robbie supreme Boondocking "Master" must have been trying to get me a free dessert with a candle. Some consolation for getting the bill. Hmmmmm. Thanks Robbie……. I think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next stop? Valley of the Rogue. See ya there.

Edit: It's a couple of days later and things have settled down. Some of our group discovered I had this blog intended to be shared with mostly family to follow our travels. The evening described above was shocking, embarrasing, and I believe all done in fun. I kinda got all caught up in the evening and that drama spilled out onto the blog. I have already modified some text so as not to be over the line and cause offense. Nothing here is meant to be disrespectful. Sometimes I'm not as funny as I think I am. If anyone finds something offensive get in touch with me and I will remove it.

No comments: